Sunday, September 28, 2008

Forgiveness

God has taught me so much this week. One of those things is the importance of reconciliation. If you don't believe that true unity starts with reconciliation, let me tell you that you are wrong. In Matt 10:18, it tells us that if we have a problem with someone that you should go to them, and hopefully when you are done you will gain a brother. How true that is. If two people can go to each other, and humbly before God try to fix whatever is between them, you can come out so much stronger than when you started. Just knowing that you can basically lay your heart on the table, and pray together and love one another,is such an amazing feeling. We are all human, and we are all going to have that instance in our life in which we are going to have to correct something we did. I encourage you not to wait. I encourage you to first pray and get in God's word, and then to come together and find unity. Please don't let it go, don't let conflict overtake your life. I promise, you will leave with a feeling that a ton of bricks have been lifted from your shoulder's. Don't think that you can walk in with your pride shining bright, you must humble yourself before God and each other, accepting responsibility, and wanting even desiring to leave with a friend. A friend that you worship with, a friend that you can love, a friend that will love you no matter how stupid you feel sometimes. My son has had a problem fitting in with a few kids, he sometimes feels left out and feeling like other kids don't want to play with him. We talk about it quite often, as a mom it really hurts me, but my son tells me this, he says "mom, sometimes my friends say things that hurt me, but that doesn't mean they are not my friends, I don't know how to make them like me anymore , but to me they are still my buddy's." I cry every time I think about those words, I have seen these kids be mean to him time and time again, but to him they are still his buddy's. Some time's I don't think I deserve the friendships of some people, but I'm thankful for friends with a forgiving heart. I love them very much, and I am very blessed to call them my friends.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I, too, am so thankful for friends who can offer grace and mercy, even when I simply do not deserve them.
Knowing that our friendship is founded in Christ makes all the difference. I cannot express just what a blessing and honor it is to call you "friend." Thank you for your forgiveness and your genuine heart. Words cannot sum up how much you mean to me. I love you dearly, friend.

Zach and Abby's Baptism