Monday, February 18, 2008

Taking refuge

It is good to know that I have a God who loved me before I was born, who accepted me as his child the day that I accepted him into my life. I have followed God's will through out my life, at times it has not been easy. Growing up I was one of those people who always tried to keep peace in my home. My parents did not get along very well in my early childhood years. I spent many days and years praying for them, what I found to be true is that I am not the peacemaker, God is. The day my Dad and I accepted Christ into our lives, peace came over our family. My parents were seperated, my dad called me one Wednesday Night and ask if I would go to church with him. My dad did not go to church, I typically went to church alone on the church bus, or with my mom. That night I went to church with him, and we accepted Christ into our lives. Then we were baptized together. It was my first and true baptizm, a day that changed the life of my family and brought us back together.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be BAPTIZED every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Act_2:38-40)


The devil is attacking me today, and he is attacking me in every weak point I can imagine. I am doing what I know is best to do, pray and cling to scripture. I cannot be a peacemaker, only God can be the peacemaker. I am going to carry the last verse of the following scripture with me in the following week. I know that my God loves me and has confirmed his will in my life more than once. No matter what arrows may come against me, I know my God is fighting my battle. I know that my God is giving me the strength to fight the battles brought before me. I thank God for his goodness and grace.

Psa 64:1 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint: Preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
Psa 64:2 Hide me from the secret counsel of evil-doers, From the tumult of the workers of iniquity;
Psa 64:3 Who have whet their tongue like a sword, And have aimed their arrows, even bitter words,
Psa 64:4 That they may shoot in secret places at the perfect: Suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
Psa 64:5 They encourage themselves in an evil purpose; They commune of laying snares privily; They say, Who will see them?
Psa 64:6 They search out iniquities; We have accomplished, say they, a diligent search: And the inward thought and the heart of every one is deep.
Psa 64:7 But God will shoot at them; With an arrow suddenly shall they be wounded.
Psa 64:8 So they shall be made to stumble, their own tongue being against them: All that see them shall wag the head.
Psa 64:9 And all men shall fear; And they shall declare the work of God, And shall wisely consider of his doing.
Psa 64:10 The righteous shall be glad in Jehovah, and shall take refuge in him; And all the upright in heart shall glory.

No comments:

Zach and Abby's Baptism