Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When God Speaks..........

Isn't it nice when someone calls you just to say hello, and to let you know they are thinking about you. I know it means so much to me, to get an e-mail with words that were meant especially for me, or a phone call. It means even more when God takes time to let me know he is thinking about me, and lets me know that he cares. I have days that my head is sometimes filled with doubt, or stress, and then someone will send an e-mail and say, "I don't know why but I have had you on my heart all day and I have been praying for you." That day, my uncle had passed away and this person did not know it. But I could hear God saying, "hey, I'm here and I'm taking care of you," audibly through someone else. I'm a kid like that sometimes. Wanting my daddy to give me a hug and tell me he loves me and just assuring me that everything is going to be OK.
We all have days when we feel so much less than ideal for anything God wants to use us for. I can't tell you how many times another friend of mine has come to me at church and said, " I really feel like I am suppose to pray for you," not knowing why or what was going on, but almost everytime I would sit there with tears streaming down my face as I listened to my heavenly daddy speaking to me once again. My friend did not know why she was praying or what she was praying about. I thank God for friends that are obedient to God. I thank God for speaking to me through my brothers and sisters in Christ. Every time he speaks to me, I feel as though he is telling me his grace is sufficient, and I am sufficient to do God's work and that no matter what he is my daddy and he loves me.
Next time you feel like God is telling you to pray for someone or call someone, be obedient. They may need to hear what their heavenly daddy is trying to say to them. They may need a little lifting up.
Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I can still remember as a kid I would go up to my Dad's chair and whisper in his ear "Are you still my buddy?" My dad would pull me close and tell me back tha he aslways was and always would be. I've had many days tha I long to do that with God. I really just want to crawl up in his lap and hide in his arms. When someone is directed by God to be his arms to me to help me have a time when I can just stop thinking of the burdens of this world it is amazing. Just to have someone say "hey my friend how are you" means everything. Last week I blacked out one night for some unknown reason and the next day I had calls and text throughout the day asking how I was doing and if they could help in any way. The most precious thing we can do is tell someone we are thinking of them and we care.

Zach and Abby's Baptism