Tuesday, April 1, 2008

In Memory of Uncle Leon

The parking lot overflowed , onto both sides of the street. People poured in, relatives, friends, and neighbors of the deceased. Every seat was full, and people were lined against every wall. What an impression he must have made, for so many to come and pay respects to Uncle Leon. Music played, that was dear to his heart. I could visualize him on stage singing, "On the wings of a snow white dove." Words were spoken, memory's were shared, many tears were cried, and even some laughter filled the air.
The lights were flashing as the line of cars preceded to the grave. Hands to forehead, there was one final salute to be made. Flag draped over the casket, the sounds of the trumpet rang clear. My son standing in front of me, on his head laid my tears. Respectfully, the flag was folded in an orderly fashion. Then placed in the hands of my dear Aunt Patsy. People passed through one last time, to give comfort to the hurting and give their final goodbye.
He is home with Jesus, probably playing his guitar. I can hear the tunes he's playing, probably some Ole' country song. One day we will be home with him, first we have more work here on earth to do. But when we are done, Uncle Leon, we will be coming home with you. I can't wait to see how beautiful heaven must truly be. Because our father in heaven, created it especially for you and for me.

No comments:

Zach and Abby's Baptism