Monday, October 27, 2008

Heavy Heart

My heart is so heavy today. My friend lost her daddy last night, another friend is dealing with a serious illness of her mom, another friend lost her mom last week, and my heart is heavy for all of them. My dad goes for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I know everyone is telling me all is going to be OK, but my daddy's brother and sister died of colon cancer just a few years ago. I am a daddy's girl. I can talk to him, I know he prays for me, he is everything a daddy should be, and more. I have been begging him since the death of his brother and sister to have this done, and he his finally taking that step. I know sometimes it seems like if we don't get tested, then there is nothing to test for and all is well in the world. But for me, I have worried about my daddy for the last 3 years. So I know as my heart is heavy for him, I can't imagine what life would be without him. I know he won't always be here, but at least I have comfort of knowing that he is covered in the blood of Jesus. I remember the day my daddy accepted Christ into his life. It will forever be the best memory of all. We were saved and baptized together. To my friends, I love you all very much. I know your hearts are heavy, and some how and in some way, we will get through this life together. That is what is awesome about having brothers and sister in Christ. We are here to love each other and support each other no matter what. I love each of you, and I am so sorry that you guys have had to endure such hurt. Know that we are here for each other, and that is why we live life together. I feel like I have babbled, I'm sorry. Pray for Cindy's mom "Sue Earls", pray for Darylann and her family during the loss of her father, and pray for Ann in the loss of her mom, and please pray that my dad's test results will come out OK.

No comments:

Zach and Abby's Baptism