Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thank God for a Wonderful Day

My dad's test came back normal. Praise God. I am so relieved that all is well. Matt and I have had some financial answers to prayer to. However I am most thankful for my daddy's health above all. I know my friends did not know it last night, but I had so much weighing on my mind. I had been stressed all day, and thinking about everything my friends had been going through with their parents. It was nice to have fellowship with the ladies at church last night. It really helped ease my mind, and help brighten an otherwise yucky Monday. I don't know what people do without a church family. I don't know how people cope without a relationship with Christ. I am thankful for a praying husband, I am thankful for praying friends. My husband prayed with me last night, today I went to work and went to my friend Anna and asked her to pray with me. I said, "where do you want to go to pray, we need to pray over my dad's test." She replied as an assistant manager was in our midst, "right here, and right now." We said a short prayer, we cried, and we thanked God for giving us friends at work that we can go to at anytime. God is way more awesome than I deserve. My husband is way more awesome than I deserve. I just want to savour what God has done for us today. I don't want to take forgranted another day God has given me with my family, another day to reach out to someone else. I ask you to first think of everything you are most thankful for right now, even if life truly sucks, there is something to be thankful for. The air in your lungs, the clothes on your back, the love of friends, food in your tummy, noises of children playing around you. You still have life, as long as there is air in your lungs, you still have a life worth living. Don't take it forgranted. Just because my dad's colonoscopy came back normal, doesn't mean he couldn't die in a car crash tomorrow. So even though I'm relieved of one thing, doesn't mean it's time to sit back and relax. It's time to enjoy every day I have with him, my mom, and my family. It's time to step up and be things to people that no one else has ever been to them before. I can't prevent people from doing stupid things, but I can prevent myself from doing the same stupid things other people do. I need to become all things to all people. I may need to be daddy to someone who's daddy doesn't seem to give a crap about their kids. I may need to teach someone what love really is, after they have spent a lifetime being abused. I'm not going to let lives fall down around me. I want to show them the love of Christ.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I'm so thankful for your giving and serving heart. You truly are showing others the love of Christ. :)

Zach and Abby's Baptism