Sunday, June 22, 2008

Its 1 a.m.

Matt and I were lying in bed, resting after a very relaxing day at home. The day was simply amazing. We started out by sleeping in, then we hung out in the living room eating lunch and watching TV. Matt worked in the yard, and I did some deep house cleaning while the kids played. Around 4:30 it was time for dinner, we warmed up left overs, and watched a movie called "Four Brothers", it's an awesome movie. We retired to the patio, for strawberry shortcake, yum yum, and a few games of Go Fish with the kids, after they played in the water. We played cards under the patio lights until 9:30. It was just a good day. Easy going, we enjoyed just hanging out. We didn't spend any money, not even on gas. We just hung out together enjoying life. At one point in the day, the kids were playing on the computer. Zach and Abby were sitting in the computer chair together. Matt was telling Abby he was going to throw her in the shower with her clothes on, we kept razzing her and finally we picked her and put her in the shower with her clothes on. Not wanting Zach to feel left out, we drug him to the shower as well. I know it was silly, but it made us all laugh. It was great fun.
Then we all went to bed. We know we will have a long day tomorrow, so we went to bed rather early. We apparently missed the 5 phone calls that were made on our cell phones, but they were followed up with our door bell ringing at 1 am. My heart dropped and I was so scared to answer that door. So scared that someone had died or hurt terribly bad. At that point and time I was too scared to cry, too scared to answer the door, but the door bell kept ringing. It was my dad, he told Matt to get his shoes on, he needed him to go with him. He still had not told us why, and I wasn't sure I wanted to know. Fortunately it had nothing to do with someone dying or being in the hospital. But it's really not much better.
It is going to be a long night. I am going to ask that you pray for this situation. I know that I didn't tell you what it is, but God knows what it is. Pray for my parents, because I know they are dealing with a lot of emotions right now, and they really don't deserve any of this. I am sitting here crying, it's now 2 am. I have been on the phone with Matt and my mom, trying to keep each other updated on the situation. My heart is heavy, and I wish I had the words to say that would make this better. But the truth is, this person needs God in their life. I'm afraid that until then, that this won't be the last time we go through this.
Here's to 1 am phone calls, and ringing door bells. May God touch the lives of anyone else who is receiving those very same things. Inevitably, it's not happening because of something good. I pray for peace amongst the lives of everyone who is receiving phone calls and ringing door bells in the middle of the night. I pray that God will begin to break the sin in people's lives, that he will break them down spiritually, emotionally, financially, or whatever it takes to get them to turn their lives around. How low must a person go, before they feel like they hit rock bottom and finally look up to see that God loves them?
I hope all of you had a much more peaceful sleep. God bless you all.

2 comments:

Fallon said...

I am so sorry to hear that there's something so negative going on. I'll definitely be oraying for your family. =)

Cara said...

I don't know how I missed this post.
I didn't miss the story, but I missed reading about it.
I pray that things are better now, and of course that they will ultimately be healed in the way we know they must be.

Zach and Abby's Baptism