Saturday, July 26, 2008

For those who may be questioning my last blog, Matt and I have no plans of leaving. But I am going to say that I no longer want to place a brick wall before God. Up until now, the very thought of doing anything outside of my comfort zone was non existant. God has placed us in Fuel Church. Being where we are is something that my husband spent much time in prayer about, and felt with all of his heart that God was leading us to be a part of Fuel Church. I stand amazed at the work that God has began within this church. My prayer is not how to get people into Fuel Church, but how can we get Fuel Church out to the people. The people stepping in the Fuel Church doors are people that have already accepted Christ in their life, at least for the most part.
We have to realize our job is not to see how many people can get saved on Sunday morning. Sunday morning is a time for believers to come together, to fellowship together, and to give glory to God. The rest of the week is our work zone. We should be reaching the unreached, so that they too can come and be a part of our body of believers.
Have you looked around church lately. Not just our church, but any church. How many people are sitting there with very ragged, torn clothes? Not many, and do you know why? Because most people think that they cannot enter the church door's unless they look a certain way, or smell a certain way. I remember going to some one's house, it's been about a year ago. I remember the response the lady gave when she was invited to come to church. She said, "I don't have anything I can wear." Why do people think they need a new wardrobe to go to church? Probably because the church is NOT showing the love of Christ to those people.
Stepping out of your comfort zone, is so much more than just being willing to move if God asked you to. It is being willing to step into a house that may be crawling with roaches, so you can show the love of Christ to someone else. It is the willingness to then invite those same people to your house for dinner, and make them feel just as comfortable as everyone else you invite to dinner. So when I say that in the next year I want to step out of my comfort zone, I want to be willing to do whatever God wants me to do in whatever environment he wants me to do it in.
I can tell you right now, most people reading this are sitting in their nice air conditioned room, TV is probably on in the background. Someone is probably snacking on something, your fridge is somewhat full of food, at least you won't be doing without in the next day or two. Your life is more comfortable than so many people that live within 10 to 20 miles of your front door. Step out of the comfort zone, find out how to help someone else. Open up your home, to a small group. The bible tells us to have a banquet and invite the poor and the needy. Who have you invited to your home group? God is tired of the excuses, he knows your heart and he knows when you are flat out just being lazy and want everyone else to step up so you don't have to.

1 comment:

Shane Waldrop said...

love ya girl

You guys are more awesome and needed than you may ever know.

Zach and Abby's Baptism