Monday, July 14, 2008

This is for my friend....

Sometimes there are not enough words to comfort those who are hurting or to help someone find peace about the road they are about to follow. Sometimes life just sucks. This isn't new, it is life. As you read through the bible, time and time again there is hurt, sorrow, and death. But there is also, comfort, hope, peace, love,and vision. The first person I always think of is Job. I can't imagine losing everything I have and still being able to stand strong.

During a bible study a friend once stated, I don't know if I could still go to church if my wife was taken from me. I remember looking at him and saying, how could you not? I would never want to endure search a hurt, or loss in my life without Christ. I have close friends that lost a child in a car accident, it literally tore apart their family because they did not seek the comfort of Christ. If you have read my blogs, you know my Aunt lost her husband a few months ago. The hurt is deep and the pain is almost unbearable, but she gives glory to God for seeing her through each and every day.

Life is short, I don't care how old you are, Life is short. I just spent the week, on vacation with my family. We did not have money to take a nice vacation somewhere, with little cash in our pockets, we had the most wonderful time together. I caught myself staring my children, and my husband and a big smile would come across my face. I felt so blessed to have that time with them.

If you have lost someone, don't give up hope on yourself. Enjoy the family and friendships that surround you. If someone you know is hanging from a thread, don't give up hope and enjoy every second that God has given you with them. As my husband and I stood in a hospital room, we watched our friend Jerry as he stood beside his wife. His hand was holding tightly to hers, and he gently wiped the tears from both their faces. He continously told her over and over how much he loved her, and to hold on and keep fighting. As long as we have breath in our lungs their is hope. But if she was to die today, it would not be without knowing how much her husband truly loved her.

Jerry, I know you are reading this, one of my favorite verses is "To live is Christ, to die is gain." Your beautiful wife lived as Christ wanted her to live, and when she goes home to be with him, she has gained a home far more beautiful than you and I could ever imagine. But as long as she breathes, we will continue to believe that God can touch her. No matter what happens, remain close to Christ.

Cara, it has been a rough week for you, but look what God has shown you this week. Wow. You have come a long way from that little baby in a hospital. Could you have ever imagined having so many people that surround you and smother you with love. God is good. He will guide you through getting to know your sisters, and helping you with the loss of one.

Christy, the journey ahead is not easy. But God is going to bless you and your family. I am amazed at your faithfulness to follow Gods will at all cost. I admire you with all of my heart. It's OK to be scared, just know that God will provide all of your needs.

Matt, I just want to say, I love you more than anything. My time spent with you and the kids this week was simply amazing. I feel so blessed to have someone like you in my life. Someone who is humble, seeks God, and leads his family in the way they should go. You are an amazing person.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I'm changing the words to that well known song: "What a friend I have in Angie..."!

Thanks for your encouraging words and for listening so well. God is showing me a lot through this, and I am just having to sit and allow Him to shape me into who He has called me to be.

Thanks for your friendship...I can't express how much it means to me.

Zach and Abby's Baptism