Sunday, August 3, 2008

The journey of life.......

Jerry,
I know you are reading this, Matt and I were most blessed today to see our kids baptized. Not only did we get to see it, but Matt was able to do the baptism. I received a text this afternoon that your wife was ill. Then another text that it is all in God's hands now. Truth is, it has always been in God's hands. He will take care of you, and your needs. His hands are with Doris right now. I know your heart is heavy, but I know your faith in God is strong. I see my kids, they are young and just beginning their walk with Christ. Then I see you and Doris, what a life you guys have had in Christ. You both welcomed us into your home, we talked about God, we talked about life, and we felt as though we had known you forever. What a blessing it was to have 2 people show us such love, and a feeling of being welcomed into your life. Whether our lives are just beginning, or whether or not today is our last day, whatever time we have lived for Christ is worth it all. I don't really like the saying that all we can do now is pray. Sometimes it feels like prayer is the last resort, but it's not. It should be our first thought, an ever deepening faith in what Christ can do. All within his will of course. I don't know what God's will for Doris, but we are going to keep praying and believing for God's touch in her life and in yours. Either way, she is one lucky woman. She has a wonderful husband who loves her dearly, and she has a heavenly father who loves her dearly. One way or another, you both will get to live with her forever. Our prayers are with you. Whoever is reading this, please pray for Doris and Jerry.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Praying for Jerry and Doris...

Zach and Abby's Baptism