Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We are blessed

I just want to thank God for being the awesome God that he is. He has given me a great family, a great group of friends that pray for me and give me moral support, he sends little blessings along the way. Little blessings are great, aren't they! It's almost like God is standing right next to you, giving you that little pat on the back, and showing his love to us. Some one gave us one of those special little blessings on Sunday. I know to her it may not have seemed like much, but to us it meant more than she will ever know.
I want to also thank God for the group of kids we had in Children's Church on Sunday morning. Wow, the kids really stepped up and witnessed to their friends last week and we had a total of 50 kids in children's church and 8 more in the nursery. That was amazing, and one kid received Christ into their life. Whatever we do to reach souls for Christ, is worth it. Even if it is one out of 50, we will never know how many lives that one life will touch in their lifetime.
I want to say that our church is truly blessed to have such an awesome group of people. Everyone pulled together and put forth a great youth rally. From cooking meals, security, counseling, supplies that were brought, greeters, I can go and on, but it took each and every person to make it happen. I think I heard that 13 kids were saved last week. That is awesome. That is what being a church family is all about, working together to help each other and reaching out to our community to win souls for Christ. Every role was important, and everything everyone did was such a blessing.
Our church is so blessed to have a youth pastor that has such a great heart for those kids. I truly watched BJ pour his heart into that rally, wanting to see God change their lives, and seeing his heart break with the lives of the kids that were totally messed up. It truly touched my heart, to see someone truly pouring their heart out to each of those kids.
I am thankful for being able to hang out with friends this week, fellowship with other believers is what gets me through my week. We have so many great friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ. I am thankful for having a friend that I can talk to and knowing they are there to listen to me and pray for me, and that I can do the same for them. God has blessed us with good friends and family.
I am thankful for a husband that cares for me so deeply. I love him more than anything. He is my best friend, the person who holds me when I have had a bad day, my accountability partner, making sure I have my daily dose of prayer and reading, he is my partner in life, a wonderful Dad, a faithful loving husband, and he holds fast to God's word. We truly balance each other out. I don't know what I would do if I did not have him in my life. I am thankful for every single minute of everyday we have together.
What are you thankful for? What little blessings has God guided your way this week? What scripture has guided you through your day. For me it has been Joshua chapters 1 through 4. I hope you have a blessed week.
God Bless

No comments:

Zach and Abby's Baptism