Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What has changed????


Whenever something tragic happens
I'm quick to examine my life.
What more could I have done?
What more could I have said?
It becomes an eye opener
of things you could do different.

Only thing is, that as time goes by
those same questions seem to fade.
And before you know it
A year has gone by
and nothing in your life has really changed.

The song called "Celebrate The Day"
says..and here is where your finding
me, in the exact same place as New Years Eve
and from the lack of my persistencey were
less than half as close as I wanna be.

So I'm reexamining my life once again.
New Years Eve is approaching,
we have lost family on January 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
I don't want to find myself asking the
same old questions next year or when someone
else dies.

Are you exactly where you were a year ago?
Have you done anything in the last year
to reach out to someone else?
What have you done in the last year for Christ?
What can you do in the next year?

Sit down, and write it out....
Your goals for the next year.
Stick it some place you can look
at every single day.
So maybe next year we are more than
half as close as we want to be.

Make 2009 better than 2008.
Lets reach more people,
say what needs to be said,
do what needs to be done.
Lets feel as though we have
truly made a difference in someone's life.

No comments:

Zach and Abby's Baptism