Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Mini Twin

Well, my daughter broke her arm. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. It's one of those things that just seems to happen. Well, what would you think if I told you how much my daughter and I are truly alike. We were both born breach, at the age of 2 we both busted our heads open on the corner of a table and had to get stitches, we both have beautiful matching scars on our foreheads, and now the broken wrist. I was five and she is now six, both of us with a broken left wrist. We have laughed about this, and my daughter and son are very amused by the story. Just remember, our kids walk in our shoes more than we will ever know. My son is nine, never had a stitch, or a broken bone. :) I'm thinking that he will follow in his daddy's shoes. At least he has my artistic ability. But he likes the same kind of things his daddy likes, he is almost a mirror image of his daddy. He is very particular about how he arranges the clothes in his dresser, the kind of shoes he wears, and takes interest in the same things his daddy does. It amazes me, that even without trying, our kids take on our characteristics and even some of our habits. So be careful what you do and what you say, because little eye's are always watching.

No comments:

Zach and Abby's Baptism