Monday, August 24, 2009

My Last Words Continued.........

So why now you ask? What brings up these last words I want to share? We just ended a sermon series called The Last Message. It really made me think, I need to share my last words because we have not promise of tomorrow. I want to share them with everyone, because in the event I do die, I need my friends and family to be family for my husband and my kids. I need them to remind them of these very words that I shared with you.
When I die, I will need my church family more than I have ever needed them before. Melissa Hendrix, my daughter Abby will need someone to be there to teach her about those girl events in her life. She will need a Godly woman to teach her how to be a Godly woman. She will need you to teach her how to cook, and sew, and how to be good wife, and a good mother. I need you to be there in every big event in her life, and remind her how much her mommy wishes she could be there.

Eric, my husband will need more TV time, and hiking trips, and guy stuff to get his mind off his sorrows.

Shane, Matt will need you now more than ever. He will need you to be the that friend that lives close by who will call him up and keep him in check. He will need your love and support.

Ryan, this is when I need to know that you will call him and check on him as often as possible. I love this man, and I would do anything to wipe away his hurt, but I won't be able to. You are his best friend, promise me that your friendship will be stronger than ever before. Promise me that you will be here to sit beside him on this day.

To my Fuel Cell Family, I need you. I need you to care for my family. Help my husband and my kids. Strengthen them in prayer and love. Eric, if Matt is overwhelmed with emotion, I need you to be able to talk to Zach and love him and help him through this time. I know that Matt will be strong, but they will need all of you to make it through.

I will rely more upon my church family when I am gone, than I do now. I need to know that I am in a place that will stand beside my family. That will hug them, and call them, and drop by and visit them. Promise me, you will do that for me.

Doc, Matt really looks up to you. Your friendship means so much to him. I know that you will look after him when I am gone.

I am glad that God has placed us in a church full of people that I know will love my family. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many special people. I love my church. You guys are the best.

Love In Christ
Angie Duke

3 comments:

adduke said...

I am so thankful for each and every day. I pray that I will live a long life with my family. I pray that I will be able to watch kids get married, that I will stand beside my husband as we hold our first grand child. Thank you Lord for another wonderful day, with the most wonderful family I could ever imagine I would have. Life could not be any sweeter.

Melissa Hendrix said...

Angie, I cried about the thought of you not being here but I know that is it possible. I know too well. However, if that were to happen, I will be there for your family. I will teach Abby all I know that you didn't get a chance to. I will remind her how much you two are alike and how much you loved her and want her to cling to God and never leave His side. I will give my hubby the time he needs to be strong for Matt and Zack so they can have that "Guy" time while I steal Abby to do our "Girl" stuff. Eric and I love your family so much and thank God for bringing our families together!

Joann Erwin said...

Angie, I remember being your age, loving the Lord, and feeling so much of the things you have written. I am now 62, life goes on, getting more spirit filled every day and enjoying basking in HIS love. I realize that life can be so full of joy one minute and yet fear of loss can run close behind. I pray your life is long, and I am sure it will be. The Lord has a big plan for you as you grow. Enjoy the journey. HE has many doors yet to open to you.

Zach and Abby's Baptism